Find Cheap Flights To Dakar, Senegal.
Search with cbookers and compare hundreds of flight sites
at once and book cheap flights tickets to Dakar, Senegal.
At cbookers.com, search over 700+ airlines to find the best airfare deals.
Find cheapest flights tickets to Dakar available today.
Book Cheap Flights to Dakar, Senegal
Not sure where you want to go, see what best suits your budget.
Find Cheap Flights Deals for You.
At cbookers.com we compare hundreds of travel sites at once to find the best deals for you.
Dakar Travel Guide.
Are you planning to visit one of West Africa’s most vibrant and culturally-rich cities? Look no further than Dakar, the capital of Senegal.
Dakar has something to offer everyone, from bustling markets and stunning beaches to world-renowned music and art scenes.
And the best part? You can easily find cheap flights to Dakar with cheap bookers. So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in this dynamic and welcoming city.
Dakar: A Blend of History, Culture, and Natural Wonders
Dakar is the vibrant capital city of Senegal, located on the western coast of Africa. The city offers a unique mix of history, culture, and natural beauty, making it a must-visit destination for travellers.
From its historical and cultural attractions to its stunning natural wonders and delicious cuisine, Dakar has something to offer every kind of traveler. In this article, we will explore the best tourist destinations in Dakar based on recent trends.
Historical and Cultural Attractions
Dakar has a rich history and culture; visitors can explore many historical and cultural attractions.
- Goree Island: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that was a significant location in the slave trade. It now houses museums, monuments, and landmarks, including the House of Slaves and the Goree Island Historical Museum.
- African Renaissance Monument: A 160-foot-tall statue commemorating Senegal’s independence, symbolizing African unity and rebirth, and offering panoramic views of Dakar.
- Dakar Grand Mosque: The largest and most beautiful mosque in Dakar, featuring impressive architecture and intricate details.
- IFAN Museum of African Arts: One of the oldest museums in West Africa, housing a vast collection of traditional African art and artefacts.
- House of Slaves: A museum on Goree Island that serves as a poignant reminder of Senegal’s dark past, paying tribute to the millions of Africans who were taken from their homes and sold into slavery.
Dakar is home to some of Africa’s most beautiful natural attractions, allowing visitors to explore the city’s stunning natural wonders.
- Dakar Beaches: Enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and surfing while taking in the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean at beautiful beaches like N’Gor, Yoff, and Virage.
- Pink Lake: Experience the unique pink waters of Retba Lake just outside Dakar, caused by the high salt and algae concentration. Take a boat tour or swim in the lake’s salty waters.
- African Wildlife Safari: Witness the stunning African wildlife at Bandia Reserve on a day trip from Dakar, with giraffes, zebras, rhinos, and more in their natural habitat.
- Dakar Market: Explore Dakar’s bustling markets filled with textiles, spices, crafts, and souvenirs, offering a glimpse into the city’s vibrant culture and traditions.
- Dakar Botanic Gardens: Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city at Dakar Botanic Gardens, showcasing a variety of plant species from across Africa.
Dakar offers a range of accommodation options for travelers to suit different budgets and preferences. Here are some options:
- Luxury hotels: High-end hotels in Dakar with lavish amenities such as spas, swimming pools, and upscale dining options. Popular choices include Radisson Blu Hotel, Terrou-Bi Hotel, and Pullman Dakar Teranga.
- Mid-range hotels: Comfortable and affordable in Dakar with clean rooms and additional amenities such as swimming pools and restaurants. Popular choices include Hotel Jardin Savana Dakar, Hotel Lagon 2, and Novotel Dakar.
- Guesthouses and B&Bs: Locally run accommodations in Dakar with a homely atmosphere, offering a more personal and authentic experience. Popular choices include La Villa 126, La Résidence, and Chez Eric Guesthouse.
- Hostels: Budget-friendly dormitory-style accommodations in Dakar, with some options for private rooms. Popular choices include Casa Mara Dakar, Keur Djembe Hostel, and Le Ndiambour Hôtel et Résidence.
Food and Drink
Dakar is known for its delicious cuisine, which blends West African and French flavours to create a unique culinary experience.
- Thieboudienne: Thieboudienne is Senegal’s national dish, consisting of fish and rice cooked in a tomato-based sauce with vegetables. Visitors can try this dish at restaurants like Chez Loutcha and La Fourchette.
- Yassa: Yassa is another popular Senegalese dish of chicken or fish marinated in a tangy sauce made with onions and mustard. Visitors can try this dish at local restaurants such as Le Ngor.
- Café Touba: Café Touba is a local coffee made with spices such as clove and black pepper. Visitors can try this coffee at local cafes such as Café de Rome.
- Local Brews: Senegal is known for its local brews, including the popular Flag beer and the palm wine called “bouye.” Visitors can try these drinks at local bars and restaurants.
- Fresh Seafood: Dakar is located on the Atlantic coast, and visitors can enjoy fresh seafood at local restaurants such as La Mer à Table and Le Lagon.
Dakar has a vibrant entertainment scene, offering visitors a range of options to enjoy during their stay.
- Theatre National Daniel Sorano: The Theatre National Daniel Sorano is Dakar’s premier theatre, showcasing a range of plays, concerts, and cultural performances.
- Dakar Music Festival: The Dakar Music Festival is an annual festival that attracts some of the biggest names in African music.
- Dakar Fashion Week: The Dakar Fashion Week is an annual event that showcases the latest designs from some of Africa’s top fashion designers.
- Nightlife: Dakar has a lively nightlife scene, with various bars, clubs, and music venues. Some popular options include Just 4 U, Penc Mi, and Le Duplex.
- Sports: Dakar has various sports facilities, including golf courses, tennis courts, and football fields.
Dakar has various shopping options, from local markets to modern shopping malls.
- Sandaga Market: Sandaga Market is one of the largest and most popular markets in Dakar, offering a range of goods, including textiles, jewellery, and traditional crafts.
- Soumbedioune Market: Soumbedioune Market is another famous market in Dakar, offering fresh seafood and a range of handmade crafts.
- Sea Plaza: Sea Plaza is a modern shopping mall in the city centre, offering a range of international and local brands.
- Village des Arts: Village des Arts is a cultural centre showcasing local artists’ work, offering visitors the chance to buy unique and handmade items.
- Marche Kermel: Marche Kermel is a traditional market located in the heart of Dakar, offering a range of goods, including textiles, jewelry, and spices.
Dakar has various visitor transportation options, including buses, taxis, and rental cars.
- Taxis: Taxis are a popular option for getting around Dakar, with many taxis offering fixed prices for popular destinations.
- Buses: Dakar has a bus network covering the city and surrounding areas. Dakar Dem Dikk operates buses and is a budget-friendly option for getting around.
- Car Rental: Visitors can rent a car from international car rental companies such as Avis, Hertz, and Europcar.
- Ride-Sharing: Ride-sharing services such as Uber and Bolt are available in Dakar, offering visitors a convenient and affordable way to get around the city.
- Airport Transportation: The best way to get to and from the airport is by taxi, with many taxis offering fixed prices for the airport route.
Local Customs and Traditions
Dakar has a rich culture and history, and visitors can learn about the city’s customs and traditions by attending local festivals and events.
- Dak’Art Biennale: The Dak’Art Biennale is a contemporary art festival that takes place every two years, showcasing the work of African artists from across the continent.
- Saint-Louis Jazz Festival: The Saint-Louis Jazz Festival is an annual music festival in Saint-Louis featuring some of the biggest names in jazz music.
- Teranga: Teranga is the Senegalese concept of hospitality, which emphasizes welcoming and caring for guests. Visitors to Dakar can experience this concept through the warm and friendly welcome they receive from locals.
- Music and Dance: Music and dance are essential to Senegalese culture, with traditional drumming and dance performances throughout the city.
- Ramadan: Ramadan is an essential holiday in Senegal, and visitors can experience the festivities by attending local celebrations and enjoying traditional meals.
Safety and Security
Dakar, the capital city of Senegal, is generally considered a safe and welcoming destination for travelers. Here are some points highlighting the favorable safety and security aspects of Dakar:
- Low Crime Rates: Unlike other major cities, Dakar has relatively low crime levels. Violent crime is rare, and the overall crime rate in the city is considered to be moderate.
- Tourist-Friendly: The Senegalese people are known for their hospitality and friendliness towards tourists. Visitors to Dakar can expect warmly welcomed and assisted by locals who are proud of their culture and eager to share it with others.
- Police Presence: Dakar has a visible police presence throughout the city, including at popular tourist areas and landmarks. This helps to deter crime and ensure that visitors feel safe and secure.
- Safe Transportation: Dakar has a reliable and secure transportation system, including taxis, buses, and the new Dakar Regional Express Train (TER). Visitors can quickly and safely navigate the city without fear of being targeted by criminals.
- Tourist Police: Dakar has a dedicated Tourist Police force that is specifically trained to assist visitors to the city. They are easily identifiable by their blue uniforms and are available to help and guide tourists in need.
Find Cheap Flights to Dakar
Visitors to Dakar can find cheap flights with various airlines and travel websites.
- cBookers.com: cbookers.com is a flight search portal that helps visitors find the cheapest flights to Dakar and other destinations.
- Airlines: Air Senegal, Royal Air Maroc, and Turkish Airlines offer regular flights to Dakar from major cities worldwide.
- Travel Websites: Travel websites such as Expedia and Kayak offer a range of flight options to Dakar, allowing visitors to compare prices and find the best deals.
- Connecting Flights: Visitors can also find cheap flights to Dakar by connecting flights through major cities such as Casablanca, Istanbul, and Paris.
- Booking in Advance: Booking flights in advance can often lead to lower prices, as it can be flexible with travel dates and times.
In summary, Dakar is a vibrant and diverse city that offers a unique experience for tourists. With its rich history and culture, beautiful beaches, delicious cuisine, and entertainment options, there is something for everyone in Dakar.
The city also has many accommodations to suit different budgets, making it an accessible destination. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s history and culture or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, Dakar is worth a visit.