Find Cheap Flights To Nairobi, Kenya
Search with cbookers and compare hundreds of flight sites
at once and book cheap flights to Nairobi, Kenya.
At cbookers.com, search over 700+ airlines to find the best airfare deals.
Find cheap flights to Nairobi, Kenya available today.
Book Cheap Flights to Nairobi, Kenya
Not sure where you want to go, see what best suits your budget.
Find Cheap Flights Deals for You.
At cbookers.com we compare hundreds of travel sites at once to find the best deals for you.
Nairobi Travel Guide
Are you planning to visit Nairobi, the bustling capital city of Kenya? From its vibrant culture and history to its stunning national parks and wildlife, Nairobi is a destination that truly has something for everyone.
And the best part? You don’t have to break the bank to get there – you can find cheap flights to Nairobi that fit your budget. So, whether you’re a solo traveller, a family, or a group of friends, get ready to discover all that Nairobi has to offer.
Discover the Best of Nairobi: Culture, Wildlife, and Adventure
Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya, is a vibrant and bustling metropolis full of life and energy. With a rich history and diverse culture, Nairobi is a city that has something to offer to everyone. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s historical landmarks, taking in the area’s natural beauty, or simply enjoying the local cuisine and nightlife, Nairobi has it all.
Historical and Cultural Attractions:
Nairobi has several museums, monuments, and other landmarks that showcase the city’s history and culture.
- Nairobi National Museum: A must-visit destination for history buffs, the Nairobi National Museum is a world-class museum that features exhibits on Kenya’s history, art, and culture.
- Karen Blixen Museum: This museum is dedicated to the life and work of the Danish author Karen Blixen, who lived in Kenya from 1914 to 1931.
- The Maasai Market: The Maasai Market is a famous open-air market with handmade crafts, art, and jewellery from local artisans.
- National Archives: The National Archives of Kenya houses an extensive collection of documents and records related to the country’s history and culture.
- Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park: A peaceful and tranquil park, Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park is home to a memorial to Kenya’s struggle for independence.
Nairobi is also home to several natural attractions, including parks and outdoor areas visitors can explore and enjoy.
- Nairobi National Park: Located just outside the city, Nairobi National Park is one of Kenya’s most famous wildlife reserves and home to lions, leopards, giraffes, and other animals.
- Karura Forest Reserve: A protected forest reserve in the city’s heart, Karura Forest Reserve offers visitors the chance to explore miles of hiking and biking trails.
- Ngong Hills: Ngong Hills is a range of hills located southwest of Nairobi that offers breathtaking views of the city and the surrounding landscape.
- Oloolua Nature Trail: A scenic nature trail that winds through a lush forest and features a waterfall and a cave.
- Nairobi Arboretum: A beautiful and peaceful park home to various trees, plants, and birds.
Nairobi has various accommodations, ranging from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels.
- Villa Rosa Kempinski: A luxurious five-star hotel in the heart of Nairobi’s business district.
- The Sarova Stanley: One of Nairobi’s oldest and most iconic hotels, The Sarova Stanley offers luxury accommodations and world-class dining.
- The Concord Hotel and Suites: A modern and stylish hotel with comfortable accommodations and excellent amenities.
- The Wildebeest Eco Camp: An eco-friendly hostel that offers budget-friendly accommodations in a beautiful setting.
- The Nairobi Upperhill Hotel: A mid-range hotel that offers comfortable rooms and excellent service.
Food and Drink:
Nairobi is known for its diverse cuisine, influenced by African, Indian, and European flavours.
- Carnivore Restaurant: A famous restaurant is known for serving various meat dishes, including crocodiles, ostrich, and camel.
- Mama Oliech: A popular restaurant that serves traditional Kenyan dishes, including fish, ugali, and sukuma wiki.
- Java House: A local chain of coffee shops that offers excellent coffee and a wide variety of pastries and sandwiches.
- Talisman Restaurant is a romantic and elegant restaurant combining African, European, and Asian cuisine.
- Brew Bistro: A trendy bar and restaurant that offers craft beer, delicious cocktails, and various bar bites.
Nairobi has a thriving arts and entertainment scene, with various theatres, music venues, and other forms of entertainment.
- The National Theatre: A state-of-the-art theatre that hosts a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- The Go-Down Arts Centre: A contemporary art centre that features exhibitions, performances, and workshops from local and international artists.
- The Alchemist Bar: A popular bar and music venue that hosts live music, DJs, and other performances.
- The Alliance Francaise: A cultural centre that offers a variety of events, including concerts, films, and exhibitions.
- The Simba Saloon is a lively nightclub and restaurant known for its African music and dance performances.
Nairobi has various shopping options, from local markets to high-end shopping malls.
- Maasai Market: The Maasai Market is a famous open-air market that sells handmade crafts, art, and jewellery from local artisans.
- City Market: The City Market is a vibrant indoor market that sells a variety of Kenyan souvenirs, clothing, and crafts.
- The Junction Mall: A famous shopping mall that features a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- The Village Market: A high-end shopping mall that features luxury brands, restaurants, and a cinema.
- Galleria Mall: A family-friendly mall that offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, including an ice rink.
Getting to Nairobi is easy, with various international airlines serving the city’s airport. Once in the town, visitors can get around by taxi, bus, or train.
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport: Nairobi’s main airport is served by various international airlines.
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available throughout Nairobi, and most are metered.
- Matatu: Matatus are small minibuses that serve as the primary form of public transportation in Nairobi.
- Train: The Nairobi commuter train is a convenient and affordable way to get around the city.
- Car rental: Visitors can also rent a car to explore Nairobi and the surrounding area independently.
Local Customs and Traditions:
Nairobi is home to several traditional customs and festivals that visitors might be interested in learning about.
- Jamhuri Day: On December 12th, Jamhuri Day is a national holiday commemorating Kenya’s independence from Great Britain in 1963.
- Safari: A safari is a popular activity in Kenya, and Nairobi serves as a gateway to several national parks and wildlife reserves.
- Maasai Culture: The Maasai are a tribe of semi-nomadic people who live in Kenya and Tanzania, and visitors can learn about their traditional way of life at several cultural centres around Nairobi.
- Swahili Culture: Swahili is a widely spoken language in Kenya, and visitors can learn about the culture and customs of the Swahili people at the Bomas of Kenya cultural centre.
- KICC: The Kenyatta International Convention Centre is a landmark building in Nairobi that is a popular venue for conferences, exhibitions, and other events.
Safety and Security:
Nairobi, like any major city, has its share of safety concerns. However, the city has significantly improved safety and security for residents and visitors alike in recent years. Here are some positive points about safety and security in Nairobi:
- Tourist police: Nairobi has a dedicated tourist police force that is specifically trained to assist visitors in case of any issues. They are easily identifiable by their uniforms and are available at popular tourist spots throughout the city.
- Safe tourist areas: Many areas in Nairobi are safe for tourists to explore, such as the central business district, the Nairobi National Park, and popular tourist attractions like the Giraffe Centre and the Elephant Orphanage.
- Accommodation options: Nairobi has a wide range of accommodations, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels, with good security measures.
- Transportation: Nairobi has various transportation options, including taxis, buses, and ride-hailing services, which are generally safe and reliable.
- Proactive government measures: The government of Kenya has implemented various measures to improve safety and security in Nairobi, such as increasing police presence, improving street lighting, and upgrading surveillance systems.
Nairobi is Kenya’s capital and largest city, located in the eastern part of Africa. It is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city home to numerous tourist attractions and activities.
One of the city’s most famous attractions is the Nairobi National Park, located just outside the city limits and home to various wildlife, including lions, cheetahs, and giraffes.
Suppose you are looking to travel to Nairobi with cbookers.com. In that case, you can easily find and book affordable flights to Nairobi, making it easier to experience all these exciting city offers.